Thursday 26 October 2006

why people don't see me?

understanding yourself itself is a mammoth task, we all agree with this. but what is a tougher task is getting others to understand you for what you are.

the world we are living in today does not allow for you to exist as a "normal" person if you are yourself all the time. it is demanded from us to be seen in a certain way.

"you're bubbly! how can you write something so deep??"

"you're such a quiet person. it amazed me to see you being so talkative and exuberant with your friends."

"i thought you were so arrogant when i first saw you. you used to walk with your head held high. Now i realise you are just a confident person."

i often wonder why it is not possible for a person to have many sides to themselves. why can i be a happy, bubbly person who can write deep philosophical talk. why is a person put into a character and expected to fit into that 24 X 7.

the only reason i am writing this entry is because i am one such person who has many levels to me. i have many facets to me. but this does not mean i put up a facade when i am a "different" self at different times. i am always me. its just that i feel comfortable being a certain way with certain people or in different settings.

i have come to make peace with the fact that no matter how much i try, there are going to be people who are not ever going to understand me. maybe there will not even be a single soul, maybe there will be many. i have been extremely blessed to have one person who can understand me better than myself. nevertheless it does not affect me no matter what people perceive of me or which character or personality they put me into, i am me and nothing can take me away from myself. as long as i know who i am and stay true to myself i have no qualms about what people think of me. it is simply not in me to please people. following my previous post, journey of life, in the end i answer to myself. and for me being sincere and myself in all situations is what i am about.

an example of whatever i have talked about above can be seen in this very blog post. i have no idea how many people can make sense of whatever i have penned down. i'm not sure if i even make logical sense to anyone. but this is who i am, and i am not about to change this post to simply allow others to understand "me".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the ending especially the last few lines..

and u know what this post reminds me of?? the need to be social approved causes a person to be dishonest(MPW) ...but what I love about u is that ur never dishonest to urslef and who u are :):)

Rock on babes...I *heart* you!!!!

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm, very interesting.. it makes a lot of sense.. but this is very true. we all have diff sides to ourselves that we show to diff ppl in our lives.. its very very true...

Unknown said...

i can't really reply to these comments. but thank you girls.

Anonymous said...

Time and time again, people around us label you based on a few occasions. When you do/try something qte the contrary, they say you're a poser or you're "trying too hard". They claim they understand you far better than what you even made out of yourself. Who are they? They make me sick.

Hon, I've always liked you for your sincerity. You are you, and it doesn't take much to understand that. Tcare.

Unknown said...

thank you so much reeja. you're such a sweetheart. *big hug*

Anonymous said...

hey charu...beautiful piece of writing...and i can tottally make sense if it...its very true...in society ure always expected to be someone...but i guess in the end...d one u trully succeeds is the one who is true to themself.
and like everyone else who has commented on this, i too love u for who u r. in one way or the other i look up to... haha...im not kidding here k.... :D
take care and rock d world !!!
*hugs* - love ya loads !!!

Unknown said...

hi anonymous,
thanks for your lovely words. do i dare ask for your identity? i would love to know who loves me for what i am..
cheers