Sunday 6 April 2008

“We are so much better at and happier doing non academic stuff”

“We are so much better at and happier doing non academic stuff” said one of my friends. She was referring to how we manage the SMU Indian Cultural Society (a club so Indian in its ways that even the Indians would be ashamed at its Indianess. More of that in another post).

There is so much truth in this statement. Yet the fact that this statement came from a student pursing her Bachelor’s degree it is very disturbing. Or is it?

I wish I could stop studying something I have no interest in and pursue my dream of becoming a dance choreographer..

I simply love to dance. As I say, I love to dance and dance to live. What is left in life without dance, music or rhythm? Dance has passion, expression and freedom. Dance is empowering, dance is exhilarating, dance is humbling, dance is embracing yourself and letting the world see through your eyes.

No comments: