Wednesday 3 September 2008

My Body, Your Body

Creative Writing Poem 1.
Background on poem: Titled 'My Body, Your Body', the poem is about my body and your body. My body is my body but your body is the Singapore History Museum. That was all the brief we got. We were told to go to museum and use that as inspiration for the poem. So on Saturday I spent 2 amazing hours at the museum. The result of all this is the poem below. I hope you enjoy reading it.

My Body, Your Body

What is a body,
an object occupying space?
My body, your body both the same
Yet we differ in what we hold inside us
Me, I hold emotions and a life living
You, tales and stories of lives past

Bodies, yours and mine, are nothing without our souls
Just empty spaces waiting as moulds
My body, your body await the unknown
To give our existence a reason for being

Each day passing adds something to my body, your body
My body lives for the now as with time
Your body lives for the past as gone with time

Still I ask what is your body, my body?
An enigma with treasures hidden?
Or
Just an empty shell?

No comments: