Sunday 30 April 2006

Genting trip

I love to travel. The moment the holidays start, I get the travel itch. Last year during the National Day weekend, my parents, sister and i went to Genting in Malaysia.


We went by train which a first for all of us and the journey was quite different from the Indian railway travelling experience. We stayed at the Awana Genting Resort- that place is a beauty and I totally fell in love it. It was in the middle of the forest and the view from our hotel condo was breath taking. Even if we had just stayed in the resort, I would have been happy.

So anyways we had a wonderful two days there. My sister and I went crazy at the arcade and the theme park. The theme park is awesome and there was this one ride which was a 20 story high tower. We had to sit on the perimeter of the tower; the seat would then rise to the top of the tower and then free fall to the bottom!



Me in my flying gear

However the best part of the trip was neither at the arcade or the theme park. It was at this place where i went "flying". Now I don't mean flying with the harness keeping you floating. This was proper no ropes, hands free flying. Actually there was a narrow high speed air tunnel where you fly. So wearing a protective suit and armed with the flying technique, you enter the tunnel. Follow the steps and presto you're flying. Sounds easy ain't it? But it is not really that easy as for one you keep on banging into the walls of the tunnel. Secondly the winds blowing at crazy speed keep pushing into your face. But when you eventually end up flying, the thrill is out of this world!

I just didn't want to stop flying. Each person flying had 2 turns in the air tunnel and in the 2nd turn, an instructor flies with you. Whilst flying he'll make you do tricks; things like turning you round and round while going up and down the tunnel. It is just so cool. I can't even describe how it feels.

1 comment:

Known Stranger said...

you love travellin g- take up a sales job - lot of travell. just kidding