Wednesday 3 May 2006

The VISA ad set in India

I’m sure by now all of us have seen the VISA ad set in India at least once. I like that ad. Its very colourful, the music is melodious, there is Richard Gere, and of course it is set in India. I have to confess I am a sucker for all things Indian, yes even the guys.

Anyways like I was saying i really liked that ad. The simplicity and innocence of the girl is so believable. Of course Richard Gere purchasing 101 birds for the girl is a little far-fetched but still I’ll take it. Now what makes this ad even more special is that i just visited the very place where the ad was shot when i was in India in December holidays. It made it all so much cooler!

The two photos below were taken at the mentioned place, the place of Jodhpur in the state of Rajasthan, India. This was the last parting shot in the ad. I feel proud whenever I watch that ad (and I watch it very often while waiting for the MRT). It is just cool to have been to a place that has been acknowledged as mention worthy by the media. Guess it is all human psychology.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like the Visa ad! It certainly feels good to see something absolutely Indian on national tv. Especially when you feel almost all heads looking up, upon hearing that very apt, familiar tune on tv mobile. Well, considering an array of frivolous ads, the Visa ad is definitely somthing!

Unknown said...

i totally agree! like i said i love everything indian. guess many other people too are loving the indianess of the ad.