Wednesday 28 May 2008

Taste of Scandinavia in Singapore

So today officially marks the end of the pre-trip preparatory classes. Over the course of these classes we had 3-4 guest speakers, visited 3 companies, 2 presentations and 2 out-of-class gatherings. All in all it has been a nice introduction to all things Scandinavian.

The out-of-class gatherings have been the most fun!
The first one we went for was the Young Scandinavian Professionals networking session at Indochine (Clark Quay). It was a nice relaxed evening with drinks, classmates and young professional Swedes. I not only got to learn more about Scandinavia, I also got to know my fellow BSMers. I personally felt that that was the most important take-away of that evening. After the networking session we went for the Lifestyle Launch party at Barfly. There our group got photographed by the magazine photographer and we got our 5 seconds of fame :)

Our next out-of-class outing was a dinner reception at the Swedish ambassador's house. Now I have to tell you he has the most beautiful, breath-taking house I have ever seen in Singapore! Once again the evening was lovely. Mingling with the ambassador, his beautiful wife, some other Swedish people, Tom (our prof) and fellow BSMers was a needed change from the hectic schedule I have been having. Most importantly I got to wear my little black dress again after my birthday!


Anyways after hearing just how wonderful Scandinavia is, I am really excited about finally going there. Good thing too cause only 9 days are left! Just wish I didn't have 4 exams before that...

No comments: