Saturday 18 June 2011

Bad Teacher- Movie Review


Disclaimer: 1. I have enjoyed watching Cameron Diaz in her previous comedy movies. 2. I love Jason Segal in ‘How I met your mother’; he’s my favourite on the show. 3. I have loved Justin Timberlake as a singer ever since his N’Sync days.

As with many recent movies, Bad Teacher packs the better/ best parts of the movie in its trailer to hook the audience. Like many other viewers I too was impressed by the trailer and was eagerly waiting to watch it. Unfortunately the actual movie was as bad as Cameron was a teacher in the movie!

The story of the movie was clichéd, due to which the ending was very predictable. All the 4 main characters (Cameron Diaz, Jason Segal, Justin Timberlake and Lucy Punch) are a mismatched bunch and their interaction in the movie seems uncomfortable. Justin Timberlake’s character was just simply very weird (combination of a himbo and a nerd), though I liked the neurotic character of Lucy Punch. Lucy’s character was crucial to the story and was in-fact the contributor of the funny parts of the movie. These funny parts came didn’t come up often and when they did they came up abruptly.

The sex scene or what was supposed to be a sex scene with Cameron and Justin was surreal! I can safely say that for the 2 minutes it lasted, majority of the audience had no idea what was happening on the screen. It was so absurd that I’ll suggest you watch the movie if only to watch this scene. The other much hyped carwash scene was hardly as sexy and hot as the trailer suggested it would be. Despite these teeny shorts and the never ending legs of Cameron, the scene was at most mildly entertaining. I doubt it got many boys hot under the collar (or in the pants).

All in all, the movie is definitely not worth watching in the cinema. At most watch it when you have other things to do while watching it as you might just end up feeling more bored after the movie than you did before.

No comments: