Wednesday 15 June 2011

X-Men First Class- Movie review


Disclaimer: I used to watch X-Men cartoon and have been a fan ever since. I have watched all the X-Men movies and loved them all, including X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

I had been waiting to watch X-Men First Class ever since watching its trailer. The movie looked action-packed, exciting and held answers of the origins of X-Men- I was hooked! After watching the movie I can safely say that the movie lived up to my expectation and more.

The starting of the movie in Nazi occupied Poland sets the tone of the movie and explains Magneto’s history. It is sad, dark and powerful; shaping Magneto into who he eventually becomes. Comparatively the Professor X’s story is less detailed and dramatic, leaving the viewer to fill the gaps. The rest of the characters are well formed and contribute to the movie’s on-goings. The movie ended well and laid out the path for the X-Men series.

All in all the movie was really engaging start to finish and having Hugh Jackson onscreen for even a mere 5 seconds was a cherry on top!

No comments: