Wednesday 29 June 2011

Bridesmaids- Movie Review

Source: http://j.mp/jvxiTC

Disclaimer: I loved White Chicks, Mean Girls, Hangover and Hangover Part 2 (though I preferred Hangover to Hangover Part 2)

I’ve been watching the Bridesmaids trailer for almost over 2 months. The trailer looks amazing and the reviews from US were promising with talk of the movie being the female Hangover. Needless to say I had been eagerly waiting for the movie to finally release in the UK. So when the movie finally released, I was at the cinema on the very first day.

The trailer is quite misleading as the girls never make it to Las Vegas and many scenes shown were not in the movie. The movie has its moment; the scene at the bridesmaids fitting and the engagement party stands out instantly. However other than that scene there is nothing else “Hangover” about the movie. In fact after 1 hour into the movie, it turns into a cliché chick flick. The ending is typical chick flick and very predictable.

The acting of all the character is great and I especially loved the character of Officer Nathan Rhoads (Chris O'Dowd) and as expected hated the self-obsessed character of Ted (Jon Hamm).

All in all, Bridesmaids was one of the better movies I’ve recently seen but it did not live up to the hype surrounding it.

No comments: